When we recognize gratitude is the heart of philanthropy, it transforms our work - changing how we relate to our donors, approach our colleagues, tell our stories, and serve our organizations' missions.
But as we all know, the pressure of raising the money, few resources and a lean staff makes it challenging to give gratitude consistently to our organizations' supporters. We often lead with soliciting when we should be thanking our donors and prospects. Instead of focusing on maintaining current relationships, we tend to gravitate to the next shiny object that will help us secure new donors. Thoughtfully investing in an overall donor relations strategy and program is one of the best ways to increase the success of your front line fundraising efforts.
When you come to me for advice, I become your partner. Together, we'll take a look at where you are. From there, we’ll set priorities and design a program to drive your fundraising program forward.
Whether you have an existing donor relations program or need assistance with designing an effective plan, I’m here for you.
Clients call on me to help them with a range of activities to build relationships between their donors and the mission of their organizations including:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing donor fundraising programs
- Leveraging digital communications and social media in your fundraising and stewardship efforts
- Identifying organizational capacity for executing sustainable donor relations programs
- Recommending phased approaches to program implementation
- Designing donor communications plans including acknowledgements, stewardship reports, and other communications
- Educating staff and board members on the benefits of donor relations programs
- Developing and implementing surveys and feedback tools to assess donor engagement
If you’re ready to advance your development program, email me or give me a call.
Together, we’ll build an actionable program to attract and maintain long-standing donor relationships.